- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel the sweet potato and chop into 1-inch chunks. Boil until you can pierce a fork through them.
- Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- Grind the sunflower and pumpkin seeds into a coarse meal. Add the nutmeg.
- Finely chop the parsley and mince the garlic. Add to the above.
- Mash the sweet potato. Add to the rest of the ingredients. Combine evenly.
- Line a loaf tin (a 2lb / 1kg tin is the perfect size) with parchment paper, sprinkle in some extra pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and then pack the mixture very firmly down into the tin. Coat with another extra portion of seeds. Bake for 40 minutes until browned.
- Take out and (a) slice with a sharp heavy knife and serve with veggie gravy or (b) let it cool down and pop it in the fridge and enjoy as cold slices for a packed lunch.
NB: This will last a few days in the fridge. If you want to warm it again, toast a slice or two under the grill. And if sweet potato isn’t to your tastes, then it can be substituted for three large carrots.